The 2015 graduation ceremony at Kean University.
By Gail Fredricks | Published April 29
The school year is coming to an end and another group of Kean students will be data-canvas-width graduating in May. It may have taken them four years or maybe even eight, but their hard work and dedication has finally gotten them to their goal of graduating from Kean University.
Many students will take a much needed break from school after graduating, and others will keep their momentum going by continuing to work on their academic careers. Others will be in search for their dream jobs.
Alex Burgos, an Information Processing major, is proud to be graduating from Kean, and is even happier to get out of New Jersey. Although his main dream is to be a professional singer, Burgos still chose to pursue his college degree in case things didn’t pan out. His plan after graduating is to find a full time job for his major in New York, and to continue to work on his music career.
I’m usually in New York every day to help my music career, so having a job there will be a bonus,” said Burgos.
Marcia Birk, after switching her major three times, is graduating as a Communications major.
“It took me years to graduate because I switched majors three times. But because of that, I am graduating with something that makes me happy,” said Birk.
Birk, who got engaged on Christmas of 2014, says she will probably get married after graduation. Her other plans are to take a month-long break and then look for a job.
“I want a job where I can use my creativity,” said Birk.
Kean students’ graduation will take place at the Prudential Center in Newark on May 19. Below is additional graduation information:
- Thursday, May 19, 2016, at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ
- Procession begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Graduates must arrive no later than 7 a.m. with cap, gown, and reader card and proceed to theLafayette Tower entrance to prepare for the processional lineup.
- Each student will be given six (6) tickets for guests seating in the Prudential Center. Seating on afirst-come, first-served basis.
- Students will receive a ticket voucher when picking up caps and gowns in the Miron Student Center Room 228. The ticket voucher must be turned in at the Wilkins Theatre Box to retrieve guest’s tickets.